Veritas Netbackup 9.1 is the latest version of Netbackup which was launched on the end of June 2021. It is designed from the ground up to deliver unified protection for multi-cloud, virtual, physical, and next-generation workloads with massive scalability and performance, security for any environment, all managed from a single console no matter where the data resides.
What’s new in NetBackup 9.1
Veritas netbackup 9.1 comes as an improvement from the previous version (version 9), as informed in the release overview, there are several improvements including:
- Manages business risk by enabling recovery from catastrophic business events from lost files and ransomware attacks, all the way to datacenter down.
- Ensures that my product and solutions work reliably and securely with a proven history as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Backup and Recovery 14 times since 1999.
- Prepares for the future with scalable platform that lets you protect your traditional workloads, but scales to meet next-generation workloads in any environment – on-premises, virtual or in the cloud
- Simplifies and automates the management of data growth to 100s PBs with the “out-of-the-box” performance of NetBackup fully integrated, tested, and Veritas supported appliances NetBackup™ 9.1 complete edition includes Veritas Resiliency Platform (VRP), which provides low RPO, single-click, fully automated disaster recovery and rehearsals across hybrid cloud.
- Supports easy to use consumption models for every enterprise whether capacity based, subscription, or socket-based pricing for any size virtual environment
- As with NetBackup 9.0, version 9.1 is additionally offered via a Term Subscription pricing model.
Veritas Netbackup 9.1 New Features
Veritas Netbackup 9.1 comes with several new features, namely:
- Nutanix AHV support for agentless single-file recovery, application consistent snapshots, intelligent backup selection, secure RBAC enabled delegation
- Kubernetes protection, with support for vSphere Tanzu, OpenShift, and Google GKE
- CIFS/SMB support for Dynamic NAS
- Recover from any copy for Microsoft SQL
- Low RPO backup with local recovery for VMware workloads
- VMware rollback with bulk VM recovery
- Oracle Intelligent Policy support for Oracle Dataguard
- Support for MongoDB version 4.4
- NTFS permissions setting for Universal Shares
- Hardware snapshot support for Dell EMC PowerMax, VMAX, HDS VSP 5000
- Azure Stack resource throttling, application consistent snapshots, intelligent backup selection, and self-service
- Backup from cloud snapshots for Azure and Azure Stack
- Cloud intelligent policies with tags for AWS, Azure, Azure Stack, and GCP
- Simplified CloudPoint agent deployment, including support for RHEL 8
- Web UI support for SLP and tape storage, catalog management, RBAC on jobs, VMware policy management, and Backup, Archive, and Restore UI for files/folders
- 2FA/SAML for Java Admin Console
- CAC/PIV for Java Admin Console
- Ransomware resiliency with support for immutable object storage, job level anomaly detection
- Data channel encryption
- Removal of root access for most master server daemons
Source : www.veritas.com